Tim and Michele Welch Family

Tim and Michele Welch Family
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth . . . and love one another."

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Our First Magnolia's Meeting



Trying to wax "creative" with DiAnn, Diana, Vicky, Arlene, Annette, Candy and Sharon..

This past week was especially crazy at school, but on Thursday, Oct 22, 2009 we began our first official Magnolia's Quilting Group. Arlene's husband, John, (I'm sure fondly)refers to our little group of friends as the "Magnolia's" from the movie, Steel Magnolia's. Certainly, if we are going to take it a step further and label people from the movie to our personalities, I would be pegged as the "wig-out" mother Sally Field plays. That's another story...

But this was a special night for me in that I have wanted to learn how to quilt for some time and have admired the beautiful work that Arlene, Sharon, and Vicky have done. They kindly organized us into a group and sacrificed their time in showing those of us who are beginners (I think that is just ME) how to begin. We made pillowcases and baby blankets on our first night, as well as chatted away until nearly midnight. It was so nice to have Candy back from their mission and to feel comfortable and secure with women I admire. Thank you to my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment