Tim and Michele Welch Family

Tim and Michele Welch Family
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth . . . and love one another."

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our Trip to Shaker Heights

This last week, Tim and I had a great time going to see Lisa and Matt at their home in Shaker Heights, Ohio. They live in a lovely 4 story older home (over 100 years old) in a very nice neighborhood just two blocks away from Kimball's school.
We are so proud of Matt for matching for his residency. After graduation in May, he will be working at the Southpoint Hospital which is just 10 minutes away from their home. Congratulations Matt!
One of the projects we worked on was painting a little table and chair set for James.


One fun outing we had was to the Natural History Museum not far from their home.




Annie won the contest for balance.


Kimball is very interested in everything he sees.













The first thing James said to me when they picked me up from the airport and I got into the van was, "Where's Grandpapa?"


It's a good thing that he finally came because he asked me everyday. Finally on Monday night, Tim flew in from Boston. He was able to stay the last two nights.
Notice how James is kneeling just like his grandpa.


















As soon as grandpa arrives, Annie gets him busy putting her new chair together.



It was lots of fun to watch Annie in her gymnastics class.

James LOVES to watch his big sister.




Lisa is such a good mom. It is a joy for Tim and I to see her in a role as a mother.

Annie has this amazing little pre-K class that she goes to four times a week. We were so happy to go with her on the day we left.



Annie gets to be the special helper today.

While Annie is busy at preschool, James gets to do all kinds of fun things. When it was time to go, we had to drag him out.



Annie has a favorite book called "Froggy Learns to Swim."
The way Froggy learns to swim is to get his goggles and his flippers and then he uses his arms like a "chicken, airplane, and then soldier." The children get to practice while we read.

Good thing Annie and I read this book the night before so we knew what was coming next.


We say goodbye to Annie right before we leave to go to the airport. She gets to stay at her fun pre-K class.
It is so hard to leave....good thing we know we're coming back soon! We love you Call family!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, mom. That was the best post! If I didn't have a huge smile plastered to my face right now, I would be sobbing my eyes out! That was the best trip, ever! We miss you so much, but wow! What great memories you left us with! Thank you for the awesome post. I can't wait to show the kids in the morning when they wake up!
    Love ya! Lisa

    ReplyDelete