Tim and Michele Welch Family

Tim and Michele Welch Family
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth . . . and love one another."

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Annie's First Ski Day


The day before the Call family left to go back to Cleveland, Annie, Rosa, and I had a fun adventure taking Annie on her first ski day. I loved being with my two darling grand daugthers at my favorite ski resort---Sundance.

There is nothing quite so cute and quite so fun as two little cousins who love playing in the snow and who love each other.
Annie had a very nice instructor for her lesson. She was very patient and kind and she thought Annie was a doll. . . no surprise there!
Annie learned very quickly in the short two-hour lesson. During that time, Rosa and I skied all over the mountain. . . she skis like a an old pro.
Sadly, Annie and I had a terrible crash on our last run together. We were both pretty shook up but used it as an excuse to go in for hot chocolate. Overall, it was one of the highlights of the Christmas vacation for me. Beautiful sky, clean air, and darling girls. . . what a treat for me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the girls skiing. There really is something wonderful about skiing with those you love. I adore that feeling. I have that same feeling when our whole family is out on a bike ride as well. Playing together is time well spent, whether on the ski hill or the pavement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,

    Your blog truly warms and breaks my heart.. all at the same time. Thank you SO much for your lovely posts. It was such an incredible holiday, and seeing these pictures just makes me ache to be home again. But, it also makes me so grateful to have the family I do, and for all the incredible memories. Thank you for creating beauty wherever you are... at the cabin... on the slopes.. or anywhere you happen to be with a grandchild on your lap. I love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete