Tim and Michele Welch Family

Tim and Michele Welch Family
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth . . . and love one another."

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sister's Retreat 2011

This past weekend we held our 3rd (or 4th?) annual Sister's Retreat in Seattle, Washington. Robyn organized it around Taylor leaving for his mission to Brazil. She did a great job getting us where we needed to go. We stayed the first night at the "Camlin," a very cool older hotel in downtown Seattle. We spent most of the next day visiting in the top floor remodeled piano bar, where Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin used to play. I flew home that night and they went on to take the ferry over to Discovery Bay and the animal park. I understand Alyssa and Denise fed the moose and elk bread from their car windows. . . lots of slobber but they loved it.
Ella was the lucky twin who got to come. She was mothered all weekend by six of us and was so darling.
Denise is wise beyond her years and the perfect oldest sister to lead the way.
Everyone "shared" a gift, thought, message. . . something we have learned this year and hope to learn in the next year. Alyssa gave us all this cool head massager/itcher thing that was awesome! Amber gave us a great cookbook, Denise and Alyssa shared books they had read, I gave the Time Out for Women DVD and mom paid for our dinner. Mom had to raise her hand to get her five daughters to quit talking and laughing long enough for her to make a comment.


Robyn picked us up from the airport and we first went to Cheesecake Factory to eat and wait for Alyssa to arrive. Sadly, the airport made a HUGE error and Alyssa couldn't fly in until the next morning. It's amazing what coordination it took to have us all there at the same time. Good job Robyn.
Unfortunately for me, it was also the weekend of our stake women's conference which I did NOT want to miss. So I traveled up and back twice over the weekend. I can't believe how blessed I am to have FOUR sisters and a wonderful mom---all who love me despite my faults and weaknesses and women who I love, admire and adore. Denise said she felt like it was "Sister's General Conference," and I whole-heartedly agree.

We finished the weekend listening to a very well-prepared nephew speak like a RM, then had a great dinner at Robyn's. Thanks for an uplifting weekend. . . I can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it was such a fun trip! It is so neat that you still take time out for each other.

    ReplyDelete